Effective December 26, 2017
The Platform is designed to provide interior designers and other service providers (“Pros”) better manage their day-to-day business and workflow with clients and related parties (“Clients”) and third party vendors and suppliers (“Vendors”). The Platform also allows Clients, Pros and Vendors to connect and learn about one another.
1. Collection of Information.
We collect information from you directly, automatically when you use the Platform and from third parties. In general, we collect information as follows:
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on the Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. You also may be asked to create a profile on the Platform.
- Public Content: We collect the information that you post to the Platform in a public manner. For example, profile information such as your name will be displayed publicly on the Platform.
- Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Platform or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication (including call recordings). When you use the Platform to communicate with others, in accordance with applicable law, we may collect and maintain a copy of those communications. In addition, Ivy may record telephone calls made to certain Pros or Vendors when you call the number displayed on their Ivy profile page. In these cases we will notify you of the call recording before the call is connected.
- Transactional Information. If you purchase products within the Platform, we collect certain information in order to process your request, such as your phone number, address, email, and credit card or bank account information.
- Connected Networks and Contacts. If you elect to connect your Ivy profile to a social network or online platform like Facebook or Google (for example, to log into the Platform), you will be asked to provide Ivy with your contacts and other information that you have provided to the social network or online platform. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may send notices informing your contacts you have joined Ivy so that you and your contacts can find and follow each other on the Platform. You also may be connected within the Platform as followers of each other, and you can learn more about people you know in common on the Platform.
2. Use of Information.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. However, in some cases we may allow third parties, including other users and Ivy partners, to contact you through the Platform, including for marketing purposes.
We may share some information about you with third parties in connection with your use of the Platform. Our information sharing with third-parties generally fall into these categories and purposes:
- Analytics and Usage: We may share user information with third parties, such as advertisers, Pros and Vendors, in a form that is aggregated or does not identify you as a person. For example, we may disclose to a Pro the number of users that have viewed the Pro. In addition, Pros that participate on the Platform may also access usage data associated with your public profile.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you, as permitted by applicable law, if we believe that such investigation or disclosure is (a) necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Platform; or (c) helpful to protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, subsidiaries, or the public.
We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about the Platform and services of affiliates and transactional communications, including updates to our terms and policies. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative notices, legal notices or transactional messages for services or products you have requested or received from us or via the Platform.
5. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
It may be possible to disable certain Cookies through your device or browser settings. The method for disabling cookies may vary by device and browser, but can usually be found in preferences or security settings. However, doing so may affect your ability to use the Platform. If you are not comfortable with the above uses of Cookies, please do not use this Platform. Please note we do not change system behavior within the Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked.
6. Third Party Advertising.
As noted, we work with third parties such as ad networks to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, including Facebook, Google and others (both Facebook and Google offer additional ways to opt out of certain advertising activities, and maintain their own privacy policies that address their interest-based advertising services). We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Platform.
You can also opt-out of receiving behaviorally-targeted ads from many companies via the consumer choice tools created under self-regulation programs in many countries, such as the US-based aboutads.info choices page or the EU-based http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the respective opt out pages noted above, will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you based upon your activities on multiple websites, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Platform or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, or you subsequently delete your cookies, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the websites listed above.
7. Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets.
The Platform may include third-party social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook Like button and the “Share this” button, as well as other interactive mini-programs that run on the Platform and on third-party websites, and enable certain features to work (e.g., blogs and comments). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly and for other purposes. You may also have the option of posting your activities relating to the Platform to social media; you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, others on social media will be able to view such activity. These third-party features are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties.
8. Third Party Profile Pages and Websites.
9. Choice and Access to Your Personal Information.
You have certain choices about how to control your data. You may modify your profile information by logging into your account and updating your profile. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time, and we may maintain copies as part of our business records.
10. Account Termination and Data Retention.
The Platform is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
13. International Transfers of Personal Information.
Ivy has operations in several countries. Your personal information will be transferred to and processed in the United States (or any other country where we, our affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and service providers operate) and processed there. Data protection laws differ among jurisdictions; and the United States and these other jurisdictions may not provide the same level of protection for personal information as your jurisdiction of residence. You understand that your information may be stored in or accessed from the United States and these other jurisdictions. You understand that, law enforcement agencies in the United States and these other jurisdictions may access and use your information for the purposes of investigation and law enforcement. By using our Platform, you consent to the transfer and use of your information to the U.S. and other jurisdictions, as set forth in this paragraph.
14. Links to Other Services.
16. Contact Us